Construction Industry: A broad range of standard active frequencies and rugged construction make the RD7000SL+ a reliable and versatile locator. The RD7000+ range of locators are powerful successors to the industry standard RD4000 family.
Featuring Compass™ and dynamic overload protection, the RD7000+ range delivers exceptional pipe and cable location and tracing functionality, even in electrically noisy areas.
Locating specific pipes and cables in large underground networks is becoming increasingly complex. Ground distortion effects, caused by differing soil types and proximity to other conductors , make the operator’s job more difficult and time-consuming. The most important requirements for a locator under these circumstances are ease of use, accuracy and reliability. Radiodetection’s RD7000 addresses this need with several groundbreaking features that deliver accurate, reliable and repeatable measurements.
• Light weight – 28% lighter than industry standard RD4000
• IP54 Rating – you can operate it in almost any environment
• Transmitter and receiver feature a large, high contrast backlit LCD screen
• Over 50 software and hardware patents
• Combination of new and innovative algorithms with established software on a high-performance processor core
• Improves the accuracy and repeatability of measurements
• Delivers powerful signal filtering and analysis allowing continued operation even in the most electrically noisy environments
• Visually indicates orientation of the target cable
• Allows the operator to quickly and easily follow the target line
• Maximizes depth measurement accuracy by ensuring the locator is correctly aligned with the target cable
Proportional Left – Right Arrows
• Guides the user to the central axis of the pipe or cable with dynamic left / right arrows, enhanced with differentiating sound
• Distance from target cable indicated by length of arrow
Dynamic Overload Protection
• Extends the RD7000+’s locate capability into areas where other products fail
• Automatically filters out large and unwanted signals while ensuring accurate location of the target pipe or cable
• Particularly useful in electrically noisy environments such as power sub stations or near overhead high-voltage cables
• Unique to Radiodetection precision locators, eCAL™ allows users to validate the original factory calibration of the RD7000+ locator
• By checking the responses of all relevant internal components, eCAL™ provides the user with confidence that the locator performs as it did when it first left the factory
• eCAL™ can be carried out on-site and allows the owner to print a validation certificate without the need to first return the RD7000+ to a service center