Safety self retracting blade knife with ergonomic shape for comfort.
Spring loaded retracting safety knife with thumb control on top and side
• Automatic blade retraction on completion of cut.
• No possibility of leaving the blade out unattended.
• Easy blade change system no tools required.
• Blade can be fitted either way up, making AutoSafe suitable
for both left handed and right handed users.
• Comfortable ergonomic grip.
• Durable metal body.
• Fully metal detectable, including the plastic parts.
• Allows for two blade length options.
• Warehouse / Distribution
• Picking / Repack operations
• Shrink wrap
• Tape cutting
• Bubble wrap
The Blade retraction system is designed to work on all cutting materials from cardboard to thin plastic sheeting. Insert the blade into the material and
start the cutting action, once the blade looses contact with the cutting surface either intentionally or not, the spring loaded blade automatically retracts
even when the operator continues to hold the blade button in the out position.
Important: The blade must be fully forward for the blade retraction to work.
• The handle should be at an angle of about 45 degrees and the force applied parallel to the material being cut. Move the knife along the material
don?t pull upwards or sideways.
• Ensure that you are cutting with the blade and not the knife body.
Important: Do not use the Autosafe as a lever in an effort to ?snap? materials as this may result in damage to the knife and/or personal injury.
Removing and Replacing the Old Blade
• Place the knife on a steady surface and hold the body of the knife with the red section facing upwards.
• Push the case release button down while sliding the red case backward, fully removing the sliding case.
• Holding the blade carrier with one finger push the blade carrier button down and forward being careful
not to extent the blade toward you or your hand.
• Either turn the blade to use the sharp side or by flipping the cutting edge, the knife can be set up for
left / right handed users.
• Carefully dispose of spent blades in a Sharp Sense bin.
• Push the carrier button back to the home position ensuring it is locked home.
• Replace the sliding cover.
Important Safety Information
As each environment will differ from user to user, it is the responsibility of the user to ensure that they have selected and are using the correct safety knife for the job.
• Cut with the blade and not the body of the knife. Ensure that the handle of the knife is at a 45 degree angle to the material being cut to ensure effective use of the blade.
• If the blade cannot reach the material to be cut, for example, with a very tight cable tie or with thick polythene, use an alternative cutting tool.
• Do not use the Autosafe as a lever or hook and attempt to ?snap? the material. Doing so may result in damage to the knife and/or personal injury.
• If any part of the Autosafe becomes damaged or broken, it should be replaced immediately.
Failure to do so may result in personal injury.