Safety self retracting blade knife with ergonomic shape for comfort.
Auto-retracting safety knife retracts automatically after cutting even if pushing the slider forward.
The Blade retraction system is designed to work on all cutting materials from cardboard to thin plastic sheeting. Insert the blade into the material and
start the cutting action, once the blade looses contact with the cutting surface either intentionally or not, the spring loaded blade automatically retracts
even when the operator continues to hold the blade button in the out position.
Important: The blade must be fully forward for the blade retraction to work.
• The handle should be at an angle of about 45 degrees and the force applied parallel to the material being cut. Move the knife along the material don?t pull upwards or sideways.
• Ensure that you are cutting with the blade and not the knife body.
Important: Do not use the Autosafe as a lever in an effort to ?snap? materials as this may result in damage to the knife and/or personal injury.
Important Safety Information
As each environment will differ from user to user, it is the responsibility of the user to ensure that they have selected and are using the correct safety knife for the job.
• Cut with the blade and not the body of the knife. Ensure that the handle of the knife is at a 45 degree angle to the material being cut to ensure effective use of the blade.
• If the blade cannot reach the material to be cut, for example, with a very tight cable tie or with thick polythene, use an alternative cutting tool.
• Do not use the Autosafe as a lever or hook and attempt to ?snap? the material. Doing so may result in damage to the knife and/or personal injury.
• If any part of the Autosafe becomes damaged or broken, it should be replaced immediately.
Failure to do so may result in personal injury.